Old 01-10-17, 06:40 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garden lighting needs much help!

Let's have a look on my backyard...

Name:  backyard.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  50.5 KB

Yes, I know it is lifeless - so how can we illuminate and invigorate my lawn?
Perhaps by various universe LED flood light solutions? Thanks a lot.

Old 01-10-17, 11:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
It's a backyard. I'm not sure how lighting will invigorate the lawn.

You need to give us some type of idea for what you are looking for.
Normally you would pick the style of lighting you want and we would help you do it.

Old 01-11-17, 05:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I don't know what a "universe" flood light is but flood lights are flood lights. They are powerful flood lights that hose light over a large area. They are functional but rarely attractive and invigorate.

At one end you could permanently Christmas decorate the area. White lights could be strung along the fence. Lights in the trees or on the ground up lighting them. Stuff on the ground is a maintenance problem though as you have to mow around them and trimmers are hard on exposed low voltage lighting.

Your photo doesn't show a patio or any evidence that the area gets frequent use. So, I wouldn't do anything permanent, expensive or large scale unless you come back with more of a reason than to "invigorate". If you are having a party I'd put out some tiki torches but not much more.

Old 01-11-17, 09:02 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
To expand on Danes idea you might want to use low voltage (outdoor) LED tape lights on the fence. The low voltage makes wiring easier.

Old 01-11-17, 10:45 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
I would place plantings along the fence. I have some grasses that I light with a 50W LV flood and I have a dozen LV mushroom lights in our flower beds. Add plantings and a nice lighted bench in the corner. I made a simple bench out of 2X8s and hung a LV Japanese lantern on a 4X4 post alongside. We often sit there on nice evenings with a glass of wine.

Old 01-12-17, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Build a huge firepit and the big bonfires you have will most definitely light up the yard...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: