Android Marshmallow Phone Speed Dial?

Old 03-06-17, 11:14 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Android Marshmallow Phone Speed Dial?

Does anyone know how to add a contact to the phone speed dial page?

I have an Android phone running Marshmallow. After an update my telephone speed dial contacts got all messed up. Many of my previous contacts disappeared and seldom used contacts appeared on the list. I can press and hold to remove contacts from my speed dial but can not add any.

I have found instructions on the web say to go into your contacts list and touch the star to highlight that contact as a "favorite". That does not put the contact on my speed dial list. Another is to add the contact to your homepage which it does do, but it does not add a contact to my speed dial list. I currently have nothing under my speed dial tab. No matter how many phone calls I make no contacts appear in my speed dial list.

Old 04-05-17, 04:24 AM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Which phone are you using? A downside of Android is that different manufacturers can tweak things and add/change apps. You might have more luck finding an answer if you search for the phone model rather than just android marshmallow.

My Samsung s7 recently updated to android 7/Nougat. It uses the star and favorites method you referred to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: