Vista 20 and total connect

Old 03-16-17, 02:49 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista 20 and total connect

I always have trouble setting up and using total connect.
i have a panel that currently has 24 users and want to start using total connect to manage and add users.
When i do a panel sync will that pull all my users and codes into total connect. kind of confused on the syncing and is data being sent to the panel or pulled from the panel. ideal sitution is to pull all the user codes from panel then start managing them through total connect 2.0.
what i dont want to happen is sync panel and wipe out all my existing codes

Old 03-16-17, 03:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
As I understand the service, the sync pulls the data _from_ the alarm control, not vice-versa. Otherwise, the end user would not be able to change the user codes on their own. Sending _from_ TC takes a couple of extra steps.

Old 03-17-17, 05:49 AM
S
The Sync Panel Data command from the Locations module will only request new zone information (and Z-Wave information if you have the Automation feature enabled) and update TC2.

For the user syncing, you need to ensure your master TC2 avatar is set for Enable User Code Sync and has the proper master code set in the Grant Access section. If you do have that set, doing a Synchronize Users command will pull in all the existing users from the panel and auto create TC2 users for each code that you can then manage from TC2.

Old 03-17-17, 07:27 PM
H
So when i sync users it will pull all the codes from the panel to tc2? what happens if i say add a user via keypad via MC8xx(user code) then go bacck days later and sync through total connect.
how do you differintiate from pulling data and sending data to panel

Old 03-20-17, 08:22 AM
S
Yes, as long as the TC2 master avatar has been properly mapped to the panel's master code, the other panel's user codes will be brought into TC2 when you do the User Synchronization command.

Once synced properly the first time, it's better to then add (and manage) users via TC2 and sync them to push them to the panel (so that things don't get out of sync) but if you did add a keypad user, you could also run a TC2 user sync to bring the new code into TC2 as a new avatar.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: