Tree branches hanging over the roof

Old 07-19-00, 09:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi..
First time homeowner needing advice. I have noticed that there is a tree on the side of my house that the tree limbs/branches are hanging over the roof. I have also noticed from a second story window that moss is starting to form. My house is a colonial style and my ladder wont reach to get on the second level of the roof. I know i have to clear these branches for the sake of having a long lasting roof but is this a job I should be tackling myself? What kind of tools/saws would i need? Also, If i where to hire someone, would it be real expensive? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Glenn

Old 07-19-00, 12:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

You need a tall ladder, a good chain saw, and ropes to do the job right and safely. It won't cost you anything to get a couple of quotes to let a pro do this, if you've never tried it before. It can be dangerous, and you do NOT want to drop a limb on your roof, either. Suggest that you go with a pro. Good Luck!

Old 07-21-00, 05:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Hire a pro. If he pokes ahole in your house he pays for it. If you poke a hole in your home you pay for it. cutting trees up high is absolutely no job for an amateur. Branches kick out, and that is how people get badly injured.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: