Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bamboo floor in half bath

04-25-17, 07:27 AM   #1 (permalink)  
Bamboo floor in half bath

My wife wants to put the cali bamboo wood floors from Lowe's in a half bath. Basically continuing our existing floor in the half bath. Not asking permission per se but is this okay? It seems to be a new "trend" from what I've researched. Would like to hear from a contractor with any experience dealing with this. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

WI

04-25-17, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)  
Wood (ok, bamboo is actually grass, not wood) in a wet location is not my idea of a good combination.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

04-25-17, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)  
I agree that a non wood floor covering is better but if you have to use wood flooring in a bath - a half bath is the only place I'd consider it.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

04-25-17, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)  
You can use wood ONLY if you promise to hit the toilet every time, and PROMISE not to have anyone splash out or drip water on the floor. Bamboo is probably the best choice since it was wet to begin with and is more forgiving than oak or other hardwoods. I'm like Marksr, I guess if you must have wood, the half bath is the place to have it. Smaller area to tear out when you decide to put in tile.

Search this Thread