gsm gate opening device with android app

Old 03-11-17, 11:11 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gsm gate opening device with android app

I installed a mighty mule automatic gate on driveway that works fine. Was looking for way to open gate from cell phone since house is on top of mountain a quarter mile from gate. Found gsm deviceRTU5015 and installed
by wiring to the two post push button device at gate and then downloaded gsm android app on my phone.Idea is that sim card in gsm devise rejects call from authorized numbers then gate opens. i have tried every wiring option but cant get it to work...anybody with any knowledge of gsm devise would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 03-11-17, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Welcome to our forums!

Do you have a sim card and data plan for this device?
It needs one if you do not.

Old 03-12-17, 09:16 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
yes when i call i do get text message which tells me sim card is working but im thinking i havent programmed android app i downloaded properly. when i try to change commands on my phone it will not give me the option and when i try to reset to default it says reset was successful. The mighty mule tech says rtugsm is not compatible but the rtu people say it will work. Thanks for responding

Old 03-12-17, 09:22 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
Any momentary contact closure should open the gate. One problem I see is that the unit does not supply a timed pulse needed for opening the gate.

If I'm reading correctly.... the first call closes the contact and the next call opens it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: