adobe PDF converter not working in windows 7

Old 03-05-17, 09:27 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
adobe PDF converter not working in windows 7

i tried to print documents from a website wanting to save them as pdf files rather than print paper.
usual routine... file/print and "adobe PDF converter" shows up as a printer choice, port=LPT1 (all defaults as i changed nothing)

the scroll bar acts like its downloading but nothing is created and error messages appear showing documents backed up in cue.
additionally all the print preference choices for the "adobe PDF converter" which does show in control panel under devices and printers are greyed out or non accessible.

i searched on line for solutions but found nothing solid or meaningful.
any ideas?

thanks

Old 03-06-17, 06:34 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
PDF Files

Download and open with Adobe Acrobat. After downloaded to Adobe, save the files as you wish.

Old 03-06-17, 08:09 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Was the particular document a government doc?

Old 03-06-17, 06:23 PM
D
Of sorts I guess
It was a report from one of the credit bureaus.
Only an option to print, not to download in PDFs like a bank or credit card statement.

Still puzzled, I wonder if that is a feature that only comes with the advanced pay Adobe program??

Old 03-06-17, 06:52 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Must be a Windows thing. In Linux it just Print to file>Save as PDF No specific PDF reader is mentioned. Don't even have Adobe PDF on my computer. Maybe try making another PDF reader your default. Master PDF Editor is free to try for Windows. I use the Linux version and it works well.

Also try a different browser. I beleive Chrome has a built in PDF reader but I'm not sure.

Old 03-09-17, 08:24 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I doubt a credit bureau would block the printing but you could ask just in case.

Old 03-09-17, 09:02 AM
P
Received 19 Upvotes on 18 Posts
I use a program called PDF Creator which also acts as a printer so you just select it instead of your regular printer. Free and easy to use. Have had trouble with the Microsoft provided PDF generator.

- Peter

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: