Twitter video's with no Twitter account

Old 07-16-17, 06:35 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Twitter video's with no Twitter account

I'm not much into the Facebook/Twitter social networking thing, and have a problem watching Twitter video's outside of there realm. (Actually don't know if I could see them inside either, as I don't have an account). Any one know if there is a plug in to make this work? I have a link below, that appears to be of Twitter origination, however they never seem to work for me. All I get is "the media could not be played".

Red Sox claim interference, finish loss to Yankees under protest | MLB | Sporting News

Old 07-16-17, 06:42 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I viewed that video without a problem. While twitter wants only twitter users to participate on their site, that wasn't the reason why you couldn't view the video. I don't use social media either.

Old 07-16-17, 06:51 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
It worked for me in Chrome, Opera, and Firefox. It did not work in Vivaldi. What browsers did you try? https://twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/s...72480503472128 Is this the video on that page you were refering to?

Old 07-16-17, 04:01 PM
Yep that's the one. Could it be I'm using IE 11?

Attached Images  
Old 07-16-17, 05:08 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
You always need to have three or four browser on your computer and switch when you have a problem. IE is always a likely suspect because it has a poor reputation, deserved or undeserved for not for adhering to Web Standards. However as I wrote I had trouble also with one browser, one other than IE so it may be something in security settings or version of Flash. IE isn't compatable with my OS so I can't test IE. Maybe some of the others can test in IE.

Old 07-17-17, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
It works in Microsoft Edge (the new IE) but don't have an old version to test it on.
Just install Firefox, if you don't have it already, and see if it works for you there.

Old 07-17-17, 11:53 AM
H
Received 296 Upvotes on 254 Posts
Originally Posted by ray2047

You always need to have three or four browser on your computer and switch when you have a problem.
Quick FYI,
I've found that "IE-Tab" for Chrome is VERY handy for dealing with websites that still rely on java and popups.
Much easier to click on the "compatibility" tab in the browser, rather than copy-past and re-log in to a site.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: