Printing from Microsoft Money

Old 07-22-17, 07:51 AM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts

I would like to print the pages of the accounts I have logged into MONEY (2006) just like they appear on the screen when I open them. The print options tab prints them out in report forms, but I need to have it printed just like it appears across the screen. Is there a way to do this?

Old 07-22-17, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Have you tried the print screen on your keyboard or using the snipping tool?

Old 07-22-17, 04:59 PM
W
Printing Microsoft Money

I tried the "Print Screen" with no response. I do not know what the sniping tool is. Can you help me with that? I'm amazed that there is not a Print preview option similar to other programs like word and excel?

Last edited by WML13; 07-22-17 at 05:00 PM. Reason: wording
Old 07-22-17, 05:47 PM
W
Printing Microsoft Money

(I can see a "print preview" option when I hit "file" on the tool bar above, but the file is shaded and does not allow me to preview the Money screen I am looking at for printing.)

Old 07-22-17, 07:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
A could explain using snipping for you but it's not saved in a changeable format.... just like "print screen" isn't either. Snipping is saved as a jpeg or html file.

Old 07-22-17, 07:44 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There is no way to do that AFAIK.
A report can show you all the important info you can see on the register screen, you will have to customize the report to show you what you want to see.
I would start with the report "Category Spending".
You can customize the report to show (for example) all checking transactions and what fields to include, you can also choose date ranges.
You can choose all categories and accounts or narrow it down.

MS Money is not the easiest program to use but can give you a lot of info if you learn to customize the reports and assign categories and sub-categories to each transaction entered.

Before you customize a default report (chosen from the list), save it as a favorite under a different name so you are not altering the default.

Old 07-23-17, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
If you have Windows 7, 8 or 10 (not sure if other versions have it) you have the Snipping Tool as an accessory. To describe it, it takes a snapshot of what you're looking at, like taking a picture. When you start it, you'll drag the box around what you want a snapshot of, then you can print that.
Well this will print up what you're looking at, if that's what you're wanting to do.
If you're looking to print up just your account info as it looks, I guess it's not possible.

Old 07-23-17, 06:14 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Can the info be copied & pasted into MS Word & printed from there?

Old 07-23-17, 09:20 AM
H
Received 296 Upvotes on 254 Posts
Alt+PrintScreen

Open MS-Paint.
Ctrl-V will past the screenshot

Use Print Preview and sizing to make sure everything fits on 1 page.

Old 07-26-17, 07:31 AM
W
printing from microsoft Money

Unfortuneately I cannot get the program to respond to any of the key strokes or buttons your advice requires to print the screen or even to preview it for that purpose. It will respond to commands within the program menu itself, but none of them will print the full screen data I require. I will have to copy 12 years of transactions manually if I can't figure this out.

Old 07-26-17, 10:32 AM
Read my post #6 again.

What info do you want over the last 12 years? It will take time but I can probably tell you the exact report to print and the other values you need to select

It's hard, but not as hard as you might think... you are selecting the proper report and clearing or checking off check boxes.

Old 07-27-17, 07:06 AM
W

Hi Brian, I re read your post #6 what I am trying to do is print off two reports. First is all deposits, dates, and amounts from 2005 to the present. Second is all cash transfers from same time frame, dates and amounts. What commands do I have to give the program to accomplish these two goals?

Old 07-27-17, 12:00 PM
I understand what you want. Give me a few days and I will detail the reports.

If you are good at MS Excel, you can also import/export reports into that but keep it simple for now.

Old 07-27-17, 12:46 PM
W

Thanks Brian,

I will keep watch for your post!

Bill

Old 08-04-17, 11:41 AM
W
printing Microsoft Money

I posted a request easrlier concerning printing the entire page of an account within the 2006 Money Program. I could not actually print the page, but came darn close to it (and got everything I needed) by opening the account, clicking on the "reports" tab, and then highlighting "account transactions" I then scrolled down to "custom dates" and entered the "from" and to" dates I needed. I could print everything from there that was now visible on the screen in a form close enough to the main screen for me to use. Thanks to Brian in California, for inspiring me, and you can drop it off your mission list!

Old 08-04-17, 12:07 PM
Oops, took me too long.
You can also go to the report "Category Spending"

Choose the account
Under the Category Tab, select Clear All
After clearing all, select Income
Important: After selecting Income only, check the box "include transfers"
It is unchecked by default.

Old 08-04-17, 01:31 PM
W

Hey Brian,

You must have a newer version. I could not follow your sequence. In my Program I could find categories under a different menu, but I could not isolate it by account. It built a report like you were suggesting but it was for all 4 of my accounts, which would not work for me. Its Ok, I can make the data I have now work!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: