Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Decorating in a home with tons of wood inside.

MT

02-12-17, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)  
Decorating in a home with tons of wood inside.

Looking at what colors will go well with all of this light colored wood (pine?). I love barnwood furniture and think it would look ok in a darker tone. Then I need to get some window treatments in the living room as there are none. Any suggestions, colors, etc. would be appreciated.

Name:  rd1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  rd2.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  26.2 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 02-12-17 at 04:45 PM. Reason: reoriented pictures

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

02-13-17, 03:09 AM   #2 (permalink)  
Most anything will go with that wall/wood color. IMO decorating with a contrasting color [s] would look best.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

02-13-17, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)  
I agree that most any furniture will go with what you have. Don't get hung up on it as it will disappear once it is decorated. Oh, move that wood pile from next to the house. You don't need a place for termites to breed, not to mention a breeding ground for rats and snakes.

Super Moderator

PA

02-13-17, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)  
Looks like you got a clean slate, so go with colors you like. Anything goes with wood. It's just about impossible for anyone to suggest colors to you without having something to go by or knowing you.

I like looking thru decorating magazines. You'll see right away what appeals to you most, and then you can use the pics as guides.
I prefer magazines, but you can look online if you don't. I like Better Homes and Gardens (BHG.com) and House Beautiful (housebeautful.com) but there's others, too.

In our hearts, we all know that it's wrong to harm an animal and that we should take action to protect them -
Patrick McDonnell

Adopt a shelter pet!
Spay or neuter your pet!
Please don't leave pets or kids in a hot car!

Search this Thread