Noob seeking bathtub & surround advice

Old 05-17-17, 08:37 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Noob seeking bathtub & surround advice

I’m looking for a recommendation for a bathtub and surround. My husband and I plan to remove our existing tub and tiles and replace it with a new tub and surround. Tile won’t be an option for us. We are a couple of noobs and know very little about doing this. There are so many tubs out there that it’s overwhelming. Can anyone recommend a good brand tub (not too expensive) that would be good quality, yet not so heavy that we can’t maneuver it ourselves. I really like the tub with the curve on it, but some of the reviews scare me. Feel free to toss in any ideas as to what to avoid as well. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-18-17, 02:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Of the reviews, only a couple raised my interest for "cons". True, there can be manufacturing defects, but by reading the reviews, you can forestall any mentioned by a casual inspection of the areas in question, such as the drain.

While I am not familiar with this particular surround, flimsiness is part of the detail. Unless you spend a little more money and get solid sides, you will have to deal with that flimsiness. Do some shopping, feel the tubs, feel the sides, push on them until you find one that would suit your needs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: