Frigidaire Refrigerator standing water

Old 01-24-09, 03:29 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Refrigerator standing water

My Frigidaire started having standing water in the bottom of the refrigerator. Now my ice maker isn't working and the water is continuing to stand and run out on the floor. I have cut off the water to the ice maker. The drain pan is dry. I am having to mop up water every 3 days. What is the problem?

Old 01-24-09, 11:42 PM
D
Are you still getting standing water even with the water shut off? Can you post the model #?

Old 01-25-09, 03:41 PM
T
Model #GLRT216TA

Yes, I just cleaned up water yesterday in the bottom of the refrigerator and it is filling up again. The water was cut off after the ice maker quit working. The water problem started several weeks before the icemaker quit working.

Old 01-25-09, 06:49 PM
D
The water is in the freezer section or the chill secion?

Old 01-25-09, 07:18 PM
T
Frigidaire problems

It is in the refrigerator section.
We are not seeing any water in the freezer section.
At the bottom of my refrigerator is the vegetable bins and the floor under the bins have about a 1 to 1 1/2 inch gap. The water is on the bottom floor inside the refrigerator.

Last edited by tkjjlk; 01-25-09 at 07:21 PM. Reason: to add more info
Old 01-26-09, 07:33 PM
D
are the door gaskets ok? The drain pan is dry as in bone dry? if so, then most likely the water during defrost is not going to the drain pan but is being shuttled to the chill section somehow. Is there any ice buildup on the freezing coil?

Old 01-27-09, 07:56 PM
T
The gaskets are fine. The pan is bone dry.
The back to my refrigerator is a solid piece so I would have to go to the freezer section, remove the ice maker and take the back off to see if the coils have ice.
Would that also make the icemaker not work?

Old 01-27-09, 08:59 PM
D
What is the temperature in the freezer section? Icemakers have a built in thermostat. The freezer section has to be cold enough for the icemaker to run [usually 15 degrees or less]. What drain pan are you refering to? Underneath the box? At the freezing coil? It's staring to sound like you might have a defrosting problem but the water should drain out. Maybe the icemaker quit on its own and is not related. You need to get into the freezing coil area and see what's going on. Can you post the model #? thanks.

Old 04-28-09, 09:25 PM
T
Since I am having the same issue of water accumulating under the crisper drawers, I would like to continue this thread.

Frigidaire Model: GLRT216TAW2

According to Frigidaire's online FAQ:
"IMPORTANT: IF water is dripping onto the top shelf or running down the back of the refrigerator and collecting underneath the crispers --- SCHEDULE A SERVICE CALL. This condition requires a new part to be installed to correct the moisture problem."

Nice of them to acknowledge the problem. The least they could do is tell me what part needs to be replaced.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 06-28-09, 07:33 AM
J
Frigidare Refrigerator standing water

I had the same problem. It ended up being a clogged drain hose. You will have to empty your fridge and remove the back panel. After taking off the panel take a shop vac and suck out the drain. Mind was so clogged that I had to use a pipe cleaner to get all the gunk out. You can see where the tube comes out under your fridge by taking off the kick panel on the front or pull the fridge out and look from behind. If you use a pipe cleaner or something else to clean the tube be care not to puncture the tube. Before putting everything back together run water in the drain to flush it out.

John

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: