Remove icemaker guts from HotPoint SxS

Old 08-03-17, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Remove icemaker guts from HotPoint SxS

Have a HP CSX24GR w/ ice/water through door, that I bought used, that came w/o an icemaker bin/tray/etc. Didn't feel like paying almost 1/2 of what I paid for the fridge just for a few parts. Didn't really need it anyway. And didn't see where a filter would go easily so never hooked water up either.

So I took out what few guts were still in the freezer that I could easily remove which freed up most of the top shelf.

What I can't get rid of is the stupid U shaped piece that would engage the auger in the ice bin, I think. It's attached to (I assume) a geared shaft with a staked on nut. I see two screws behind it which obviously hold a mounting bracket, but the U shaped piece won't go through the hole in the back panel even if not attached. Do I need to cut the nut with a dremel tool or something? Or does the whole back panel have to come out?

I don't care about looks (obviously) I just want the cubic inches of storage back.

Old 08-03-17, 09:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Does this help any.... click on diagram for expanded view.

sears parts direct/lis_png/PLDM/E2100047-00004.png

Old 08-03-17, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, not really. Looked at the same thing on appliance parts pros and it allows closer zooming. I see what I need to take out, I just can't figure out how! What I need to do is take part #370 and it's associated brackets and pieces out leaving just #360 (the shelf and back panel).

Old 08-06-17, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, wound up using a Dremel. The nut had a weird locking spring over it. Had a hex type cap that fit over the nut ad 2 fingers that wrapped around the U-shaped piece and on each side of shaft. Even after that was off, nut was still staked to shaft, so cut through the nut and pried it apart to remove motor and reduction gears.

Can't believe they would expect a tech to do all that. Maybe they just replaced the whole panel?

Well, seems all for naught now. Fridge section won't get below 55 degrees. Been ongoing last few weeks, hoping removing some stuff would help. New post coming...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: