Honeywell 20P - 4204 relay manual activation for 2 seconds via key combination

Old 10-20-12, 11:42 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell 20P - 4204 relay manual activation for 2 seconds via key combination

On VISTA 20P one can manually turn on or off an output device such as a relay on Ademco 4204 with a combination from a keypad. e.g., User Code + [#] + 7 + [2-digit Logical Device Number] to turn on a relay. Is there a combination where I could turn on a relay just for 2 seconds to open or close my garage? Is there a document listing all the [#] manual functions of Ademco?

This turning on of a relay for 2 seconds works in automatic mode with various zone number, zone types and operations but not in manual mode. Alternately, is there a way I could link a manual key combination to an unused operation? That unused operation can then be used to close a relay for two seconds.

Old 10-20-12, 01:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
For reasons that surpass understanding, Honeywell/Ademco has always tended to put some information in the user manual and some in the installer manual, so you have to have both to get all of the commands.

To do what you want to do, you would need to map the function to a function key or an otherwise unused zone input. The keypad command combos simply toggle the function on and off, bypassing things like timed durations.

Old 10-21-12, 10:05 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
MrRonFL,

Your method would work if I was trying to open or close my garage door by pressing one of the four function keys on the keypad. But I want to control my garage from a smart phone/ computer. Here is the detail.

20P is connected to Envisalink 3 module or/and an ICM, which allows me send key sequences remotely from the Internet. The garage doors have unsupervised alarm zones. I can see anytime if the garage is open or close. All members of the household have a smart phone. Instead of giving each a garage door remote, they can just send UserCode+#7+Device Number to open or close the garage.

With a hint from another thread of yours I tried the following method and it works. But I am still looking for a soft solution where I do not have to waste a zone for each garage.

Reference diagram (space smithing required for URL):

http://i47.t i n y p i c.com/1hccqw.jpg
  • Common and normally closed contacts of Relay 1 are connected to a dedicated zone (x) with Zone Type 23 (No Alarm Response)
  • Common and normally open contacts of Relay 1 are connected to garage door opener switch.
  • Relay 1 is configured as Output Device 1 through *79
  • Output Device 1 is defined as a Zone-x with Output Action = 1 (closed for 2 sec) through *80. You can use Output Action=4 (Change Device State) in combination of Zone-x Response Time of 1.2 seconds but it may take the relay to an out of sync/ undeterminable state.
  • A keypad combination UserCode + #701 closes Relay 1. Thus operating the garage door. But the same keypad action shall also trigger a fault on Zone-x. Since Output Action of Zone-x is defined as Closed for 2 Seconds, it opens the Relay 1 after 2 seconds.

Old 10-21-12, 11:57 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Every brand family does certain things better than others. Oddly enough, DSC, which is not my first choice for most installs, does the kind of feature you are trying to do very well. Normally, for output programming flexibility, the Honeywell/Ademco Vista panels are a pretty good choice.

You are trying to do something fairly advanced, and bumping up against the limits of the Vista programming structure.

That exerpt you copied is the one suggested by the Honeywell/Ademco tech support site...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: