Napco after hurricane

Old 09-24-17, 11:55 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Napco after hurricane

I was wondering if you could help me I have a Napco 825 from about 1985 installed with (central station Adt) the keypad has three leds . during the hurricane in Florida we lost power for about a week and phone for a little bit more wheb the power came on we had a solid green and solid yellow light on the keypad after another week when the phone lines came on we still have the same condition . Yellow normally indictes a shunt but there is no shunt on. we cannot arm or disarm the alarm, tried holding down number 1 key to test and was OK held down number 9 to reset still has not solved the problem was wondering if you had any insight into what this problem may be and how to correct it

Thank you so much

Old 09-24-17, 02:10 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
When one of these old dogs has an extended power outage, the user codes get wiped out. See page 7 - 8 of the user manual: https://instantalarm.com/manuals/Nap...5%20Manual.pdf.

Installation manual: http://www.napcosecurity.com/images/...I373B_INST.pdf

If you haven't done so, with a week down, you are probably overdue for a replacement backup battery, because complete draining like that with all but a new battery has a high chance that it won't take a real charge again.

Old 09-25-17, 08:42 AM
J
Received 16 Upvotes on 12 Posts
It's likely that the yellow LED is on because the system gradually lost power. When it powered back up, some of the data was still retained in memory. \

When you replace the battery, remove power completely. If you are removing the wires from the AC terminals in the box, don't let them touch anything. You can blow the transformers or damage the board.

When you are ready to replace the battery, attach the AC leads (or plug in the transformer) and very quickly re-attach the battery leads ..... in that order.
I think you will find that the yellow light will be out. If you don't attach the battery leads quickly enough, you will get a low battery indication of all three LED's flashing and a 2 on the keypad.

Since the panel has been powered down, you will have to use the default arm/disarm code. until you reprogram your regular code back into the panel.

Old 09-26-17, 06:42 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much you’re a life saver

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: