Aspen Snow now making pads to fit Mastercool & Champion

Old 04-29-16, 03:40 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Aspen Snow now making pads to fit Mastercool & Champion

i was clicking around on HD's site earlier today looking at celdek pads and noticed Aspen Snow now makes replacement pads for MC and Champ coolers and they sell for almost half the price of the OEM's.
You can't really tell from the picture if they're of equal quality but the price point is very attractive - especially when the 12" pads for a 6500 cfm are up to $180.00 now!
Next time I'm in the store, I'll make it a point to check out the quality and construction of these pads.

Old 05-02-16, 01:06 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Theyve been making them for quite a while now and theyre junk.

I had to return a couple sets last summer to the supply house. The angles inside the pad were constructed wrong and the pad material was really poor. I called PPS packaging and they said they had outsourced manufacturing to China and were going to check into what the problem was. Lol, I can tell you what the problem was but we wont get into the "C" word right now!

I ended up getting some genuine Celdek instead and boy what a big difference in performance and temperatures.

Old 05-02-16, 05:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
Hello Sammy! Great to see you still checking in.

Old 05-02-16, 08:31 PM
J
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
"Theyve been making them for quite a while now and theyre junk.

I had to return a couple sets last summer to the supply house. The angles inside the pad were constructed wrong and the pad material was really poor. I called PPS packaging and they said they had outsourced manufacturing to China and were going to check into what the problem was. Lol, I can tell you what the problem was but we wont get into the "C" word right now!

I ended up getting some genuine Celdek instead and boy what a big difference in performance and temperatures."

I had not seen them till I was browsing their site the other day. I don't remember seeing them last year when I was contemplating new pads and checked HD's price for them.
You'd think that a company that wanted to steal some of the action away from the monopoly Adobe and Champion has on those pads and offer them at a lower price point would have the business sense to have them mfr'd. to the same quality construction or at at least somewhere close.

Just helps to solidify the argument against Chinese-made products.
I've often wondered if the Chinese have the same attitude about Chinesee-made products as we do.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: