HELP! bottom oven drawer stuck on new GE range

Old 06-07-09, 08:40 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP! bottom oven drawer stuck on new GE range

Help.
Just received a brand new GE gas range (about a week) with bottom drawer lower oven. My wife put some cookie sheets and pans in the draw (to store) for the bottom oven and closed the drawer. Now the items must have shifted and are probably stuck on the heating element and are preventing the draw from opening. It will only open about 1/2 inch at best. Is there anyway to remove the front drawer (oven) face to access the items so we can open the drawer. I tried to remove the bottom plate of the top oven but that seams very involved (after removeing the 2 screws to expose the heating element) Please let me know if this can be fixed. Model is GE PGB918DEM2
thanks...

Old 06-07-09, 11:46 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The drawer, when closed, should still have some vertical movement. I would first give it a good up/down shaking to see if that relocated the jammed cookie sheet or whatever. Second, I would try a long, thin spatula thru the half inch opening, sweeping it from side to side. Finally, I would pull the range out a little from the wall and rock/drop the front to relocate the jammed part. There is no easy way in from the front or oven. By tipping up the front of the range you can at least pound on the underside of the drawer and maybe even reach in from the back of the drawer.

Old 02-19-14, 08:27 AM
W
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DIY fix, never jams or gets stuck anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o08KAMSPzQk

Old 02-19-14, 09:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Thanks Warren for that little hint. I'm sure when they designed that drawer in the bottom of the range that they hadn't considered that you were going to put in all your pans.

The original poster got his drawer open years ago.

It's a storage drawer of limited depth so plan accordingly what you will store in it.

Last edited by PJmax; 02-19-14 at 10:16 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: