Thermador cook top SGC365RB Won't Spark

Old 07-23-15, 10:35 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermador cook top SGC365RB Won't Spark

Help!!!!

Sharp Advice, I have gone through most of your posts on that subject and since they are older, the site doesn't let me reply; so here it goes.

I have followed the steps regarding the cook top, turned off power, turned off gas, checked for lose wires, connections. I just don't want to run out and put down $250 for an ignitor module before I have gone through All possible scenarios: Gas flows ( we use the cook top lighting with a match); power is available: when I turn one of the burner knobs, the red light indicating that the burner is on, lights up.
Question: what the heck am I missing? I am frustrated with this and better half is breathing down my neck to fix it.

Thank you!!!

Old 07-29-15, 06:47 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello robvoisea. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Based upon what your posted as the problem description, all sparkers fail to spark. If that's corrected kindly advise. If that's correct, then likely the spark module is defective. If only one knob's sparker fails to operate, while all the others work, remove the defective one and switch it out with another in it's place. Just might be one in-op sparker switch. Or use one that works to light one that doesn't. In this case two burners will light up. Then turn off unwanted one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: