Furnace doesn't light, blower always runs

Old 05-11-17, 07:28 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace doesn't light, blower always runs

Hi, I have a Weatherking 90 plus with issues. As soon as you flip the breaker and give it power, the main blower turns on and pumps cool air into the house regardless of thermostat setting and never shuts off, and the furnace never lights. I have tried checking the vent lines, cleaning the flame sensor, checking the fan limit temp sensor and the the temp sensor leading to the burner box(?) with a multimeter (still good), and replacing my indoor thermostat, and still no dice. There are no error codes showing on the LEDs, just two solid green lights and an orange "flame" LED that flickers for an instant when power turns on and then shuts off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 05-11-17, 07:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Can you post the model number. The ID tag should be on the inside wall near the burner.

An open safety stat can cause the blower to run continuously but usually there is a fault code present.

On a Rheem unit I think two lit green LED's (one not flashing) means bad control board.
I'll know better when you post the model number.

Old 05-11-17, 08:05 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, the model number is WGTA-07EYBGS.

Old 05-11-17, 09:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
That's a complicated furnace if this manual is close to what you have. I haven't found your exact manual yet. The link below is close. Page 46 on discusses troubleshooting and the LED's. Look that over and see if that applies to your furnace. The LED's should be labeled either on the board or the back of the blower door.

OperationsTraining/Furnaces/Rheem_RGRM, RGTM.pdf

I will keep checking.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: