really good grease/dirt buildup cleaner

Old 04-27-08, 10:19 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
really good grease/dirt buildup cleaner

I'm looking for a good grease/dirt buildup cleaner for backsplashes and kitchen cabinet doors (wood). Everything I have tried either drips off the surface before it works or doesn't work. It would be great if it were eco friendly as well. Thanks for the info in advance.

Old 04-28-08, 02:53 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A weekly cleaning of cabinetry should prevent any buildiup. Most cabinet manufacturers recommend weekly cleaning with mild soap and water. Not using the grease/food laden dish rag. Weekly cleaning tends to keep buiildup at bay.

If there is grease buildup on cabintry, there are many degreaser products available. If planning on refinishing, TSP is an option.

Old 06-20-08, 03:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello,marguerita
using Spray N Wash straight from the can. I sprayed it on and let it set a few seconds then took a damp sponge and the surfaces were squeaky clean. Inexpensive product and not harsh on the surfaces. Give it a try - you won't even have to use much elbow grease to remove the grease build up with spray n wash. thank you.

Old 06-24-08, 11:45 PM
S
I use a product called Mean Green I think it's a product of the simple green familly of products or a product called Daki. More often than not now I use a steam cleaner you can buy for about $50 at any hardware store. It's just sprays a fine mist of steam so it cleans and kills germs and it's not filled with dangerous chemicals.

Old 11-22-09, 01:52 PM
I have always just used liquid ammonia, which I keep in a handy spray bottle. I use it both on surface cleaning, as well in cutting grease in kitchen pots and pans. Very cheap and very effective. You may want to wear gloves if your skin is sensitive.

Old 04-01-10, 08:41 AM
T
Joe in Torrance,

Do you mix the ammonia with anything? Seems pretty easy to remove all that hard grease that I have on the back of my stove.

Old 04-02-10, 11:23 PM
A
Simple Green is a grease based product and dissolves build-up grease. I have used it for years and absolutely love it. My over the range hood cleans up with one spray. I use it on my oak cupboards also. Just spray, wait a few seconds and wipe it off. Don't use it on fabric unless you can wash the area to wash the Simple Green out. I have removed spots on my white carpet with it, then used plain dish soap to remove Simple Green

Old 04-07-10, 01:17 PM
K
I actually think amonia is too strong!
Baking Soda is king.

Old 04-18-10, 02:23 AM
F
Originally Posted by kimmieA
I actually think amonia is too strong!
Baking Soda is king.
I agree, baking soda rules! I use a paste made of baking soda and white vinegar to get rid of grease and it's a cheap and effective cleaner. If you're going to use it on wood, though, I suggest wiping the wood with orange oil (Pledge has one of those) afterwards to preserve the wood. HTH

Old 04-19-10, 04:24 PM
Ammonia does a lot better job than baking soda when it comes to clearing out the sinus.

Old 07-19-10, 03:40 PM
I've never tried baking soda. But, I typically use liquid ammonia or Simple Green. It seems to depend on exactly what the grease is as to which works best. They are both easy to use.

Old 07-20-10, 02:38 PM
C
Homemade cleaning supplies

I recently watched the documentary movie No Impact Man (recommended) about a guy who tried to reduce his carbon footprint. I noticed he made his own cleaning supplies- can you actually make your own cleaning supplies that work effectively? Anyone successfully done this before?

Old 07-21-10, 10:37 AM
Krud Kutter works great. It will take used motor off of a car carpet by blotting it with a clean cloth.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: