Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

An odd question that doesn't fit into any category

NY

04-20-17, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)  
An odd question that doesn't fit into any category

The problem is simple, the solution not so much. I can't lift heavy objects, and so I need a way to regularly get my lawn mower up (and down) five steps that minimizes strain on my body. Any suggestions?

Incidentally, what do I need to do in order to get notified by email when there are responses to my question?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

MN

04-20-17, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)  
I believe you subscribe to the thread to get notifications. It is located under thread tools.

As for the mower, you can't go around the stairs? My first thought is to use a ramp or ramps.

Electrical AC/DC and lighting Moderator
Professional Electrician, Handyman, all around swell guy!
40,000 people die in auto accidents per year in the US. We should ban cars.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

04-21-17, 03:08 AM   #3 (permalink)  
I assume the need to bring the mower up 5 steps is for secure storage ?? Is it feasible to do so at a location that doesn't require steps?

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

MA

04-21-17, 04:52 AM   #4 (permalink)  
A ramp sounds like the way to go. 5 regular steps will mean going up approximately 3 feet. How heavy is the mower and how steep an incline will you be able to handle? You could use a small winch or pulley system to help move the mower up the incline. Can you post a picture of the area you are trying to navigate?

Group Moderator

TX

04-21-17, 06:47 AM   #5 (permalink)  
How To Insert Images Please do not use Imjur.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

MA

05-06-17, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)  
the inclined plane was my first thought

You might be able to get the city to do that for you through ADA (American Disabilities Act) if your disabled, or a vet, VA volunteers, the local trade school? If its your own property, maybe a small premade shed would be better and easier, and keep it on the ground where you use it.

Search this Thread