Treadmill making loud noise

Old 07-01-14, 11:07 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Treadmill making loud noise

I have a NordicTrack Treadmill and it's making loud noise when running. I called then and they sent me a tube of lubrication to put between the belt and belt support but that did not help. I am think it might be the motor but I am having a hard time taking off the cover to get to the motor. The Model Number is NTL 10951 and its a Nordictrack C2050.

Old 07-01-14, 04:41 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Can you describe the noise?

Old 07-02-14, 08:11 AM
K
Yes, it is like a jet engine. It's not like something is loose or has a knocking/loose parts sound. It's more like the same continuous sound every time the machine is running. As mentioned below, I applied the lube they sent and nothing changed. I am thinking it is something with the motor bearing but since it is not like loose parts I am stumped.

Old 07-02-14, 09:17 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Without hearing it I too am guessing that it could be a bearing either in the motor or some other part of the treadmill. Some have jack shaft between the motor and running belt. Or you could get lucky and maybe a piece of debris has found its way inside and is just rubbing on the shaft or other moving part.

Old 07-02-14, 09:45 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
Check out this video on the tube. I believe this was made by a member here.

You tube/watch?v=TCx5PU3Fr8c

Old 07-07-14, 05:10 AM
K
OK - After looking at the video I removed the motor belt and ran the motor alone and I think the motor is louder than normal. In my opinion the motor alone is making about 60-70% of total noise (both motor and walking belt on). Also as I increase the speed of the Motor the noise gets louder and it is like a "Singing Sound". Note the motor noise does not appear like anything is loose or broken. So I am thinking that the motor needs some lubrication or something but I am not seeing any place for lubrication. Also, if I have to change the bearing in the motor I'm not sure if this can be done since the motor seems to be all closed up. I called Nordictrack and they are selling the motor as a single unit for $165.00 which I think is too much.
So my question is can someone tell me if the motor bearing can be replaced and reinstalled and what is the best method for repairing the Motor?
I also plan to change the bearings in the rollers. They are 6202ZZ bearings and I can get these for about $8.00 each which is not too.
Any help is appreciated.

Old 07-07-14, 11:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
As far as I know the parts for the motor aren't sold separately. The link below is a site that may offer some help.... Treadmill | Treadmills | Best Treadmill | Treadmill Doctor

Old 07-14-14, 05:34 AM
K
Update:
I called ICON - they are a third party that support Nordictrack Treadmill and surprisingly my motor was under warranty so they sent me a new motor over the weekend and I replaced it and now all is well. Very quiet now.
Thanks for all the replies/input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: