CTK04 - Wireless outdoor sensor with existing sensor?

Old 05-20-16, 12:09 PM
A
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
CTK04 - Wireless outdoor sensor with existing sensor?

My CTK04 displays the outdoor temperature only, presumably from a sensor that is inside my heatpump outside.

This is a fully zoned communicating system. Is there any harm in adding my Honeywell wireless outdoor sensor to the 'wireless devices' so I can get outdoor temp and humidity?

I ask because I assume a LOT of functions are tied to the outdoor sensor, and if I add a wireless sensor, then how do I know which one the system is using....I dont want to mess up something.

Old 05-20-16, 04:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Two sensors on a common line won't work properly.

If it's wireless.... why does it need to be connected ?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you want to do.

Old 05-21-16, 07:35 AM
A
I have to check with my installer, but I THINK the sensor is in the outside unit. So, that is a wired sensor. On my CTK04, it only shows temperature. But, I have an existing honeywell wireless sensor outside that I installed a while back for a different redlink enabled thermostat. I like it because it displays outdoor humidity too. So...I would like to 'add' it to my wireless devices on my CTK04 so I can have the temp AND humidity displayed. My question is, since the thermostat installer options already default to 'on' for outdoor air sensor, can I still add my wireless thermometer to the wireless devices without issue?

Old 05-21-16, 09:48 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
The outdoor sensor is currently wired.
You want to know if you can add your old sensor to the new stat wirelessly.

Good question. I don't know the answer to that for sure.

My forum partner, Houston, most likely knows.

Old 05-21-16, 10:10 AM
A
Yep. I'll standby. This system is way more techie than the old.

Old 05-21-16, 11:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
Name:  Amana Comfort Net.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  56.7 KB

The Redlink wireless outdoor sensor is listed as an accessory for the ComfortNet control.

I work with Honeywell Redlink controls in many homes ( including my own) but I almost never see Amana equipment.

Old 05-22-16, 08:01 PM
A
So....can i add it as a wireless device without messing up the system? Will it use that for anything other than temperature display since their is a hardwired one in the unit outside? WIll it average them? What's it do?

I better ask my installer. Its got some kind of wicked communicating zone system that also utilizes the wired sensor outside, so perhaps my stats don't use the sensor for anything other than display purposes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: