Simple Question (Lamp Shade Decor)

Old 06-29-14, 08:01 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Simple Question (Lamp Shade Decor)

Hi all,

I am new here, so if my question is in the wrong area or if there is an existing thread, please let me know!

I love finding thrifty ways to dress my apartment, in doing so I thought I'd freshen it up with new lamp shades. I bought some new shades to attach to an existing base. Well, they don't fit. I've screwed one on to the base, but the circular area in the center is way too big (sorry, is there proper wording for this?). This leaves it wobbling and very sloppy. I do not want to buy a new base, so I was wondering if there was hardware I could buy to secure my new shades. Any help or direction is welcome! Please let me know if my description was not good enough, and if I could provide pictures.

Old 06-29-14, 08:15 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Old 06-30-14, 05:37 AM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Sounds like the shades you have maybe meant to screw onto the socket itself and would hang upside down,really won't for a table lamp.
Geo

Old 06-30-14, 05:43 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Pics would help.

By your description I assume your lamp uses a harp to attach the shade. These are lamp harps.

You're saying the hole in the shade that the screw mount at the top of the harp attaches to is too big. Use washers on the bottom and top so that the shade is between them. That should hold it steady.

Old 07-01-14, 03:58 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks! I used the washer trick, and it worked out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: