Sharp 32" TV Wont turn on!!??

Old 04-16-08, 06:39 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sharp 32" TV Wont turn on!!??

I have a Sharp 32" TV, and it will not turn on when you press the button on the tv or the remote, the remote was working the other day but no longer worked (light wouldnt come on) so when I reprogramed the remote I didnt make any progress, I tried to use the factory remote and it doesnt work either, remotes had fresh batteries, heres the model # 32C41 Serial # A509841657

Any help is really appreciated, and woldnt expect a 2005 TV to crap out on me.

Old 04-17-08, 03:49 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Unplug it from everything for 24 hours then try again. Sometimes this "reboot" resets the TV. If not, it's time to call for service.

Old 04-18-08, 04:21 PM
T
Well I have already done that, but i didnt unplug the av inputs, would that affect it? Also isnt this a DO IT YOURSELF fourn!!!!?? I have a lot of experience with computers/ tearing apart fixing puting back together. Isnt there a way to ground out your tv by touching a wire to the tube to somewhere else?

Thanks for help

Old 04-18-08, 05:18 PM
R
Leaving the A/V inputs connected wouldn't affect the power reset. Your first line of defense (rebooting/resetting) didn't work.

isn't this a DO IT YOURSELF forum!!!?"
Yes, it is, but we have to determine the competency of those who post questions.

Isn't there a way to ground out your tv by touching a wire to the tube to somewhere else?
Sure, if you want to get seriously burned or die.

With the exception of the incoming AC power, computers are low-voltage devices. TVs, on the other hand, have potentially lethal, very high voltages inside. Read the TV Safety sticky at the top of the index for this forum.

I'm not trying to offend or dissuade you ... just trying to make sure you stay safe.

Old 04-19-08, 07:31 AM
T
I know that the voltages on a TV are far more extreme than a computer I thought I read a thread where they did something to ground out the tv a lot faster, than having to wait 24hrs...Well I unpluged it and tryed again and still no sucess, so what sould I do now?

Old 04-20-08, 05:14 AM
R
You would be discharging the capacitors, not grounding-out the TV. It is done through a resistor so the caps discharge gracefully instead of discharging all at once with a spark.

When you plug in the TV do any indicator lights come on? Many TVs have a "blink pattern" for various fault conditions that help diagnostics.

Have you opened it up to check the fuses? In addition to the standard glass or ceramic inline fuses, check for PC-mount fuses in sockets.

Old 05-18-08, 09:33 AM
C
answer

Well,if you can troubleshoot pc's,then simply t/s the set as a dead p/c.It's just a power supply problem. No big deal to elect. tech.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: