Honeywell HE365 + Bryant Plus 90 + Honeywell IAQ + 3M50 Thermostat

Old 11-18-11, 02:46 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post Honeywell HE365 + Bryant Plus 90 + Honeywell IAQ + 3M50 Thermostat

I currently have a 3M50 Filtrete thermostat connected to my Bryant Plus 90 (350AAV). I recently installed a Honeywell HE365 humidifier and connected it by the book instructions. Meaning used the sail switch (both return and supply side), connected both humidistat wires to one yellow one the HE365 that connects to the sail switch and the other yellow to the sail switch. The power is external.

I am considering buying the Honeywell DG115EZIAQ TrueIAQ digital humidistat and would like clear instructions on how to properly install it...mainly wiring. I also have an exhaust fan in an upstairs bathroom that is 24V and could use it as ventilation on the IAQ I believe.

I assume the hole in my return duct created to accommodate the old humidistat would need patched since the new humidistat won't need it? Is the sail switch even needed or can I eliminate it too?

I am wanting to do this to avoid manual adjustment of humidistat constantly...as I have had wet windows three times already since installing three weeks ago.

Old 11-18-11, 08:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, you can use the TrueIAQ to run the fan. What is being used to run that now?

You won't need the sail switch so that can be removed. Do you plan to mount the TrueIAQ in the living area, or mount it on the duct?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: