Trying to Give Back

Old 04-13-15, 01:14 PM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Trying to Give Back

Hello guys,

I understand this sub-forum is pretty much dormant, but I've been asking a lot of questions on the home improvement section, and am very pleased with how helpful everyone here has been.

That being said, I am just making this thread in an attempt to give back. I want to let you guys know that I am an avid fresh water fisherman, with a particular expertise in bass, pike, and muskie, so if anyone is looking for tips or has questions, please do not hesitate to start a thread and I will help you as best I can!

Thanks
Nic

Last edited by Shadeladie; 04-13-15 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Reworded as members should start a thread that all can read
Old 04-13-15, 03:38 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Nic - Thanks for the offer, I have a 24' SeaRay SunDancer but its set in Brackish water and most of my attempts at fishing are usually a long practice round of casting and reeling in. We are located just off the Chesapeake Bay on a river in Hampton Roads, Virginia. I do catch a ton of Croaker, which doesn't take any sport at all. You could basically close your eyes and drop a line anywhere and catch one. Good fighting fish, but rarely catch anything big enough to keep.

Fond memories of fishing trips up to Lake Nippissing in Canada for Walleye fishing as a youngster. Had an incredible guide and caught our limit each day. We also ate out limit each day. It was located due North of Toronto.

Old 04-14-15, 09:18 AM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
That's a nice boat - Hard work pays off!

Weird coincidence - I happen to know a thing or two about croaker! I believe they are a schooling fish, so if you are catching a bunch of small ones, it means you found a school. If you are catching nothing but smaller ones, it is because the bigger ones hang out in deeper water, and the smaller, more enthusiastic ones are getting to your bait before the big ones even see it. Try using a bigger bait, and a heavier weight. That way the bait will be hard for the small ones to eat, and the heavier weight will make everything sink faster and give your bait a better chance at making it to the deeper water where the bigguns are!

And yeah, I know all about Lake Nipissing. It's one of those legendary lakes like Lake of the Woods, in Manitoba/Ontario/Minessota.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: