new garden hose

Old 05-17-17, 07:40 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new garden hose

I just bought a new garden hose by FLEXON. I'm looking for some thoughts on this hose.

Flextreme,100 ft,5/8" Their ad says contractor grade

Thanks

Old 05-17-17, 09:24 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
It's a hose... water goes in one end and comes out the other. Do you have a particular question about the hose?

Old 05-17-17, 11:09 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
That's funny; not you Swede, but Dane's comment. This was probably 30 years ago, a guy I worked with and I had to go upstate to look at a piece of equipment, so I drove to his house early that that morning in order to not be too late driving back, and off we went. It was a 4-5 hour drive each way, with a lot of rural two lane, and the weather was nice, so we passed a few yard sales and whatnot on the way back that afternoon. We stopped at one of them and he bought a garden hose for something like $5. As soon as Dane said that, I remembered ol' Jim saying something like "well that's a good deal, water goes in here and out there, so can't beat it". Geez, by the time we got back to his place Jim couldn't wait to try out his new hose, so he hooked it up, and there must have been 50 or more tiny holes in that thing! Not a sprinkler hose, at least that isn't what it was originally, but that's all it was worth at that point.

Old 05-17-17, 11:29 AM
I guess I should have asked if that brand is a O.K. ? There were so many of these Flexon
hoses in the store I just picked one that met my need for length, and hose size.

Old 05-17-17, 04:23 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Which hose did you buy? Flexon is a brand name and they make many different hoses of varying quality.

I've found the cheap type with the visible fibers to be OK. I have a several of their solid green "lifetime" hoses that are 15+ years old and still going strong though I had one that somehow went soft and developed a kinking problem, probably a bad batch since the others have been so good. Still, their premium hoses are my favorite.

Old 05-23-17, 09:07 AM
follow-up,

I bought a FLEXON extreme, contractor grade 100 ft. ,Guaranteed for life, does not kink. I believe its a new line.

So far it seems to be o.k.

Thanks for your inputs,Sorry for not getting back earlier

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: