Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Cantilever umbrella identification/canopy replacement

Old 06-13-17, 10:48 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I'm posting a picture of a very nice cantilever umbrella we inherited when we bought our house. Unfortunately, I can't locate a model number anywhere, and it doesn't look similar to anything I can find online (It is probably closest to SunGarden, but not exactly the same).

Would anyone know the manufacturer of this type of umbrella? The canopy has reached the end of it's useful life, and we'd love to reorder the same type, instead of trying to order a standard replacement and hope it fits.

It's a round, with 8 ribs that measure ~67 inches in length. This is a bit longer than the standard 11' covers I see online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Name:  Umbrella 2.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  43.6 KB

Old 06-13-17, 01:04 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Did some searching and thought the base on this looked similar to what you posted. Just trying to locate the mfg.
Milano Series Side Post Umbrellas
Unfortunately this mfg is no longer in business but they to sell replacement canopies so perhaps they could help identify what you have.
I searched "side pole or offset patio umbrella pictures"

Another thought is to talk with a canvas company. I happen to have a good friend in the business and have seen some of the custom work he can do and I suspect a shop could make a new canvas to fit, assuming the ribs and mechanics are all in good shape.

Bud

Old 06-13-17, 01:33 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Bud

I think I have found a similar picture from Garden Winds:
https://www.gardenwinds.com/replacem...la-p-2113.html

I'm checking with their team if they think its a match.

Appreciate the help.

Old 06-13-17, 01:57 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
That looks like a match and the price looks reasonable. The price I saw on one replacement was $400.

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: