Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Milorganite in Maine?

ME

08-11-17, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)  
Milorganite in Maine?

I can't seem to be able to purchase Milorganite in Maine via Walmart, Depot, Lowe's, etc. Is Milorganite banned in Maine? Does anyone live in Maine and get Milorganite?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NJ

08-11-17, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)  
Try using the store locator. It appears that many Agway stores in Maine carry it.

Store Locator

~ Pete ~

ME

08-11-17, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)  
Bangor Lowe's seems to have it.

What end of Maine are you on?

Bud

ME

08-14-17, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)  
Thanks guys I found some at my local True Value Hardware. I got a 36 lb bag and threw it down on setting 11 on my spreader. I don't know if I did it right, but I just wanted to get some stuff into the soil. I don't think anyone has ever fertilized or limed this yard. I watered it in after applying it, although it says you don't have to.

Hopefully all goes well. My lawn looks good and green, but of course it's not a chemical lawn so it's not perfect and has quite a few weeds here and there, but I've been plucking them out over the summer and adding lots of new grass.

I'm gonna get another bag and hit the back yard which is bigger, but I think I'll dial the setting back a little lol

ME

08-16-17, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)  
Now I've got swarms of flies (the green shiny ones) all around my front yard. Is this normal with Milorganite?

Search this Thread