Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2002 club car golf cart DS 48 volt with regen2 system with run tow switch

MN

07-18-17, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)  
2002 club car golf cart DS 48 volt with regen2 system with run tow switch

my club car feels like the motor is braking all the time when you get it up to speed, according to the manual it is supposed to do this when going down hills so that it don't overspeed, but seems to happen on flat ground as well. Do I have a problem with my computer or speed controller? Is there an adjustment that can be done or possibly a chip that can be installed?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

07-18-17, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)  
I am not sure how you could feel that the motor is braking when driving on level ground.

MN

07-20-17, 05:07 AM   #3 (permalink)  
club car engine braking?

When I am traveling down the road , the cart will accelerate really well ,but as I get up to speed, 10-12 mph I can feel the motor hesitate, or slow up, similar to when I go down a hill. I know that it is supposed to do that at that time, but it feels like there is a governor on the motor, It just feels like it should have more speed. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the performance

Group Moderator

NC

07-20-17, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)  
It sounds like your cart is working properly. I think there are four speed codes that can be set in the controller and they shipped from the factory set to the slowest. You can have a Club Car dealer change it to one of the faster settings. There is also a hack available on some golf cart forums to change the setting without going to the dealer, but you'll need the tools and knowledge to do some wiring and create a simple electrical circuit.

Search this Thread