1998 Buick Lesabre runs like crap

Old 09-22-17, 06:33 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1998 Buick Lesabre runs like crap

I have a 1998 lesabre with 140,000 miles, the other day it died and would not start. I changed the fuel filter and it started but ran like crap I had to pump the accelerator to get it to run and would die if I pressed it to hard like anything pass half throttle while driving. When setting in park in the driveway if I push the pedal too far down it would hesitate and then rev up while letting off the pedal but I had to hold it down a little to keep it running. I noticed a coolant around the upper manifold and replaced that and new gasket. Ran the same hesitates and try's to die while driving. When parked it will run by its self only after I have spent some time pushing the pedal down repeatedly and quickly. While in park I can rev the engine as much and as high as I want with a slight hesitation. While driving if I rev pass 1/4 or 3/8 pedal it tries to die. I had 6 different codes before I replaced the map sensor and manifold. Now I have 2 but it runs the same. P1665 and P0102. I was thinking it might be a vacuum leak but I have not been able to find one. Anything I can do to figure out what's going on or anyone have an idea what's going on and a fix? Thanks in advance and any advise would be awesome.

Last edited by Whiskeybill1976; 09-22-17 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-22-17, 07:21 PM
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
go get some maf(mass air flow) cleaner and clean it. if it helps i would replace it. and unless you buy from GM you could get a bad one out of the box. also try un plugging it as a test.

Old 09-23-17, 05:24 AM
A
Received 113 Upvotes on 98 Posts
would probably do a fuel pressure test on it if cleaning the maf doesn't help, would also clear the codes see if they return.

Old 09-23-17, 05:33 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would clean the Idle Air Control valve first. (IAC)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: