Checking transmission fluid 99 Isuzu Rodeo

Old 04-01-04, 08:39 PM
nanasdinky
Visiting Guest
Question Checking transmission fluid 99 Isuzu Rodeo

We recently bought a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo (Automatic transmission) My husband cannot find where you check the transmission fluid at.It doesnt say anything about it at all in the book on the vehicle.Was wondering if anyone could maybe help me out here on where to locate it or what to do.Thanks in advance

Old 04-01-04, 09:02 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can't say I'm familiar with the vehicle, but this link.....

http://www.2carpros.com/topics/tranflui.htm

... talks about '97 models and not needing to be checked.

Until someone else comes along.......

HTH

Matt

Old 04-01-04, 09:10 PM
nanasdinky
Visiting Guest
Thank you very much.Also thank you for replying so quick.That was great!

Old 04-01-04, 09:24 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
regardless of what that other website says, and even though it's a sealed system (considered filled for life), who's life? the life of the trans? or the life of the car?

i like to change the fluid every 30,000 miles, and the filter every 60,000 miles. drain and refill is about 4 quarts, dropping the pan and a new filter is about 4.5-5 quarts. use a new engine oil drain plug gasket (solid copper) as the trans pan drain plug gaskets, they won't leak that way.

you will need dexron III, or isuzu trans fluid, which is the same thing, as it is a GM trans.

with every oil change, give a glance at the trans and keep an eye out for any leaks. if one ever starts, you need to fix it right away.

Old 04-01-04, 09:29 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
sorry, i didn't answer your question.

trans warmed up(drive it for 10-15 minutes), idling, in park, on a level ground. take a 3/4" or a 19mm socket and take out the higher plug on the trans pan. the fluid should barely trickle out, like only a few drips. if by mistake, you should take out the lower plug, you will be performing your own 'drain and refill' service, better have a bucket underneath for that one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: