95 chevy blazer abs light on

Old 10-03-06, 02:01 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question 95 chevy blazer abs light on

4.3 engine, 4x4, would like to know if this is a common problem and does anyone have a quick fix? thanks shiner

Old 10-04-06, 10:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not sure of a "quick" fix, but, most ABS issues come from a damaged or maulfunction abs sensor which is located near each brake rotor. If you recently removed your tires/brakes then you might have damaged it. Get that diagnosed. The light will only go away if the problem is fixed. You just can't reset the light. I believe Autozone can find ABS codes from your OBDII port for free. That will help tract down the possible issue.

Old 10-04-06, 12:21 PM
S
Smile

Thanks for your input, this is my mothers car and have'nt had time to look at yet. Don't know if this sys. is a 1 channel or 3 or four channel rig yet, anyone knows the answer to that please let me know. The 1 channel rigs are not to bad but haven't trouble shot any of the multi. channel rigs yet thanks again shiner#2

Old 10-04-06, 03:52 PM
F
I had a 95' Chevy Camaro Z28 with the 5.7 L V8 engine that continually had the ABS light on, basically all the time. There was nothing wrong with the sensors or the ABS system in general. I had an automotive electrical company take a look at it and it was as simple as two wires that somehow became disconnected at the plastic connector site. The technician stumbled across it as he was checking all of the wire connections. He snapped the wires back in and presto, no more ABS light staying on. The car only had 20K miles on it or so when I bought it and when this problem occurred. It may be something as simple as that if your troubleshooting comes to a dead end but I would definitely check the obvious things first like the sensors, etc. Good luck and let us know what it was.

Steve

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: