cook indoor without the smell?

Old 10-26-14, 06:42 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cook indoor without the smell?

Hello, We always eat home cooked meals, so we cook alot. Usually in summer, we cook outside in stove. But in winter thats not possible. We sadly do not have a exhaust system that can remove the vapor outside when cooking. Any idea what I can do to keep the smell minimum? any kind of portable small device I can buy to suck the fumes ?

Old 10-27-14, 04:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Is there a structural reason you can't have an exhaust to the atmosphere? That is about the only way I know to rid the kitchen of odors.

I had a client who had me install a roof mounted 750 cfm exhaust fan. It made no noise in the kitchen, but it would exchange the air at a rapid rate. So rapidly, the heated air in their house became a problem to keep up to temperature. I should think a smaller unit would suffice, even if it exited the wall behind the stove.

Old 10-27-14, 04:07 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
We have an ductless hood fan over our stove. It has a a charcoal filter and does a decent job even though it doesn't exhaust to the outside.

Old 10-27-14, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
We occasionally deep fry and cook spicy ethnic foods and find even with an outdoor venting range hood it is difficult to reduce cooking smells.

I can safely say if you cook the types of foods I mentioned above it will be difficult to do.
We have even tried hanging tea towels off our range hood and placing the deep frier on the stove under this make shift "booth" and odors from the deep frier still are detectable in the house.

We solved this problem by deep frying on our back door deck, even in the winter.
If you can not use your outdoor stove when cold and you can not install a vented hood, Mark's suggestion of a recirculating fan might help.

Old 10-27-14, 05:57 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
This is mitigation and not removal but I turn on the furnace fan and shoot some OdoBan into one of the returns when something unpleasant is persisting in the house after cooking.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: