Instant Pot & Poached Eggs

Old 12-08-16, 09:32 AM
B
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Instant Pot & Poached Eggs

Daughter bought one of these, told me how wonderful they are, so I bought one. I read Amazon sold 250,000 on Black Friday.

I love poached eggs so that was my first experiment. I don't have any small bowls, yet, so I tried 3 eggs in one cereal bowl. Either too runny or the yolks were setting up, no happy medium.

Anyone try this in one bowl with success?

Thanks

PS My dog now has 9 eggs to eat so he's happy. I thought his farts were bad before, he can peel paint now.

Old 12-08-16, 09:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Haven't tried it. Is that a pressure cooker? If so I use a pressure cooker but never thought of cooking eggs. The cooking time would just be to short to get it right.

I bake my eggs in the oven in a well buttered coffee cup (or use a ramekin). Works fine for me. It's almost like a poached egg. If you put bacon in a skillet in the oven also the egg is usually well done about the same time as the bacon. Try at 425° the first time and adjust if needed the next time.

I disavow any responsibility if it doesn't work for you.

Old 12-08-16, 10:30 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I bake my 'hard boiled' eggs - 325° for 25 minutes and then shock them in ice water to stop the cooking process.

Do you have a link to the pot you got?

Old 12-08-16, 10:31 AM
B
Yeah, it's a 6 qt electric cooker. One of the reviews said "finally, perfect poached eggs" but didn't say how she did it. Being stubborn, I will make this work. I ordered this round silicone thing with 4 holes so that should work better than all in one bowl.

Look what I just found, I gotta go to the store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fa_XRTk7xw

Old 12-08-16, 10:34 AM
B
Here's the pot, mine was on sale for $68.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-I...t+pot+ip-duo60

Old 12-08-16, 10:53 AM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
I make tons of stuff in a standard electric pressure cooker; it does make wonderfully tender ribs and meats of all kinds. I like to cook the ribs in the pressure cooker and then finish them on the grill.

Never tried eggs though, will have to put that on the list.

If that thing will truly replace pressure cooker, slow cooker, and rice cooker, I might have to snap one up as those all get a lot of use in my house and they take up a lot of room...

Old 12-15-16, 12:19 PM
B
If you put bacon in a skillet in the oven also the egg is usually well done about the same time as the bacon.
Sounds like my mother. She'd put the eggs in boiling water and start the toast... toast was done, eggs were done.

I bake my 'hard boiled' eggs...
Haven't tried it yet but I read for hard boiled eggs go either 5-5-5 or 6-6-6, the shells literally fall off which used to drive me crazy.

...it does make wonderfully tender ribs and meats of all kinds...
You wouldn't have a recipe for homemade rib rub?

Very few comments on the slow cooker function but they love the rice. A few seem to think it doesn't get hot enough on slow cooker, I don't know.

Tried the silicone cup thing, works great with a little shot of Pam in each hole, eggs slide right out.

I see they are on sale again for $79, I may have to get a couple for my two boys. HO-HO-HO.

Old 12-15-16, 12:32 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Hey, as long as you're buying, I'll take one as well

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: