Nascar

Old 04-07-14, 12:18 PM
B
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Nascar

Looks like Junior isn't a 'morning' person. Most of the time he does alright but then he has a 'Junior moment' thing. Daydreaming?

Old 04-07-14, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It is just the NASCAR bumping and grinding is a pack of the same machines with just different bent tin, numbers and sponsors on the outside.

All of the fights and stops are good for selling more TV commercials.

That is why I like both Formula 1 (only 2 cars per team, no fuel stops and a lot of strategy) or just good old dirt or paved tracks (1/4 -1/2 mile) where it is down and dirty and no commercials. - 2 different worlds.

Dick

Old 04-07-14, 01:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
7 races, 7 different winners

Junior said his vision was compromised, messed up JJ too

IMO you can't beat stock car racing but I agree the saturday night short tracks are the best!

Old 04-07-14, 04:01 PM
B
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
7 races, 7 different winners.
Yeah, but my guy in the 24 just can't seem to finish it off. So close yet so far.

Dick, you ever go to Ogilvie? My nephew races down there and said that track beats the ones up here hands down.

Old 04-07-14, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Baldwin -

No I have gotten to Ogilvie. I used to go the track outside of Brainerd, MN almost every week-end during the summer. I unhooked Paul Newman from a lily pad when fishing from a dock 4 cabins down from me near my cabin. That night he was sitting behind me with his crew at the dirt track in Brainerd (he was racing on the road track at BIR the next day) and he was nice enough to grab a beer out of their cooler for me. I didn't know he stayed there several times in various years earlier. Real racing people are a great bunch.

Dick

Old 04-07-14, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Im with you dick...

Wall stadium is 10 minutes from my house... Its a cheap night out with the family...

They kind of closed down somewhat. Only a few races a year now... All the housing that has been built in the past 30 years... The people are complaining of the noise... Heck its been there since 1950....Home of the turkey derby...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwHQGg1EUM

Old 04-07-14, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
And if you like dirt we still have new egypt speedway... about 20 minutes from me.. Not developed out there... still all open fields...

These tracks are a dieing breed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NppCVAAXCH4

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: