what type of wood boring insects is this?

Old 10-16-14, 04:13 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what type of wood boring insects is this?

I have insects, frass and exit hole & kick out holes all over of my house? What kind of insect create those holes?
Thanks,
Danny

Attached Images          
Old 10-17-14, 05:45 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
I suspect drywood termites but I must disclose that I and most of us on the East Coast have little or no experience with those guys. We have only subterranean termites here.

The insect photos are not termites; I don’t think they are related to the holes/frass.

Can you find exposed wood in your house that you can inspect/photo that has evidence?

Otherwise, take the photos, the frass and any other evidence to a local county agricultural agent. Here in PA it would be an extension of Penn State. You will get objective opinion and advice.

Keep us posted. I’m curious.

Old 10-17-14, 05:52 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
In fla I used to occasionally run across damage to drywall that was attributed to 'drywall termites' but I suspect the classification was more slang than fact. I don't know what type of bug ate the drywall. I've only dealt with repairing the damage they done.

almost forgot welcome to the forums Danny!

Old 10-17-14, 01:03 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks you,Guys for the quick reply. I live in S. California. Still worry because I have a lot of holes in my house and don't know what insect can make its. Do you know any expert in Cali?
Danny

Old 10-18-14, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Sorry, we don't give referals. Do you not have a Yellow Pages book where you live? If not, try searching Yelp, online.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: