Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

At the end of my rope and in need of help with my dads Pro 4000 thermostat

Old 01-22-14, 07:14 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I just came back for the fourth time from my 86 years old dads house. He recently installed a new Honeywell Pro 4000 model Pro TH41100 thermostat. I have programed his week and weekend schedules like he asked. The problem is the heater is coming on in the middle of the night even thought the schedule is set for 6:00 AM. To make sure the temp of the house was not causing it to turn on I set the heat temp to 45 (A temp that could never be hit) and it still is coming on. Not sure if he has an issue with the wiring or what.

The other three program settings work just fine just the night time setting is acting up.

The furnace is a Distinctions Amana Goodman Model #GM58080BX.

I believe he has the following wiring setup

Whit to white
Yellow nothing
Green to Green
Orange - nothing
Red to Red with a jumper to the other red to red
Black - nothing
C to nothing

Please help

Old 01-22-14, 07:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Your wiring sounds correct, but colors should be confirmed in the furnace. If he has an A/C unit (Not a heat pump) the Y should be connected to Y1.

Otherwise double check the programing, it should like you have something not right.

Old 01-22-14, 07:20 PM
K
Tolyn Ironhand thanks for the quick response. They do not have AC just the heater

Old 01-22-14, 09:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
I doubt it's the wiring. The wiring wouldn't just act up at night.

On the other hand it doesn't sound like a common thermostat problem either.
Can you get another Pro stat..... if not..... bring that one back for another one.

Old 01-25-14, 01:54 PM
S
keep in mind the temp/time set is not an ON/OFF situation.the stat is anticipating the room temp thru the night the actual room temp and the actual time vs your setting for time/temp.if your not over heating it is doing its job...also don't make constant changes and step back from the stat it has to take your changes and loop all the readings :NO NO NO:....are you over heating during the night?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: