Wiring HW Prestige IAQ and new Trane XL16i for dehumidification?

Old 06-20-15, 01:16 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring HW Prestige IAQ and new Trane XL16i for dehumidification?

Had an old system of a Trane XV90 and an XL13i. During that time I bought the Prestige IAQ and installed it all myself. Worked great. Was able to hook up my humidifier on the U1 blocks without any issues.

I recently just had to have a whole new system installed, including an XV95 and XL16i (two stage compressor). In this process, I realize that the Prestige can do dehumidification as well, but I am not quite sure how to hook it up. I am hoping someone can give a pointer.

Here is how the A/C is hooked up to the XV95:
Name:  skitch.jpg
Views: 10004
Size:  36.9 KB

This is from http://www.bayareaservice.com/wp-con...ion-Manual.pdf (Page 15).

As you can see Y1 from the EIM is hooked to Y, and Y2 is hooked to BK to allow 80% airflow on Stage 1 and 100% on Stage 2.

Looking at the directions for the Prestige, it says to hook up the A/C for dehumidification this way:

Name:  https___customer_honeywell_com_resources_techlit_TechLitDocuments_69-0000s_69-2739_pdf.jpg
Views: 2884
Size:  41.1 KB

This is from https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/69-2739.pdf (Page 5)
I understand it all except I don't know which terminal to hook it up to on the furnace -- it just says "Dehumidification with Low Speed Fan". Should it go to Y on the control board? BK? or YLo?

Thank you in advance!

Old 06-20-15, 09:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
I would wire it in this manner and configure Dehum for normally closed.

Last edited by Houston204; 06-21-15 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-21-15, 05:57 AM
A
Thank you! That is very helpful.

Just so I can make sure I understand this correctly, wiring it this way means that any call for Stage 2 cooling, or for dehumidification from the stat will turn on the A/C in Stage 2.

Does that mean when I configure the dehumidification setting, is it "A/C with Low Speed Fan" or "A/C with High Speed Fan"? I am assuming the second since the docs state it needs 100% airflow with Y2.

Old 06-21-15, 06:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you want AC with high speed fan, do not use the BK terminal or the U terminals.

AC with high speed fan is for overcool to dehumidify.

Old 06-21-15, 06:56 AM
A
Honestly, I am not sure exactly what I do want -- why I am asking. Ideally I want the best way to remove humidity without having to overcool. Is that original wiring you put up accomplish that (looks like you took it down)?

Really my question was just trying to understand how with that wiring it was different than the EIM calling for Stage 2 cooling since both Y2 and the U block were wired up together.

Old 06-21-15, 07:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The diagram that I posted would give you 80% of high speed airflow with high speed or low speed cooling if you had a demand for dehumidification.

The best way to dehumidify the house is with a whole house dehumidifier.
This would pull around 7.6 amps and require a dedicated 120VAC circuit.
It also drops the delta tee across the coil.

I have connected an Aprilaire whole house dehumidifier, a fresh air damper and a dehumidifier to that Honeywell EIM. The same unit also has 2 wireless remote indoor temperature / humidity sensors connected to it.

Last edited by Houston204; 06-21-15 at 07:48 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: