Moen cartridge problem! Help!!!

Old 08-19-07, 07:59 AM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Moen cartridge problem! Help!!!

I had a problem with low cold water preessure kitchen sink, thought it must be the cartridge.
So... I installed Moen 1225-b cartrige, in a kitchen faucet 40 years old.
It is somewhat better but not much!
What else could cause this???????
Also the faucet need to be pushed down to turn off totally does not turn off by lever, its a lever model not knob.
I did something wrong as the top cover disk moves when moving lever!
Help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-19-07, 11:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Two things to check. Remove the strainer on the end of the water spout and clean it, as you have dislodged calcified stuff and it is impeding water flow. Next, you will need to tighten the allen set screw on the handle to keep movement to a minimum, and allow easier off motion.

Old 08-19-07, 04:12 PM
Y
Thanks

I removed the aerator last evening, no help.
Since this is only happening in one fixture, could it be the cold valve under sink?
I opened and closed it a few times last night, it's very tight, hard to turn.
I will tighten allen screw later, thanks.

Old 08-20-07, 03:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Yes, that was the next step. The washer in the wall valve could be loose and partially blocking the water flow. Turn the water off to the house and undo the collar nut on the wall valve and unscrew the stem. Check to see what anomalies you can detect and post back.

Old 10-17-07, 09:56 AM
L
Moen 1225 cartridge?

I am thinking a 1200 cartridge is more like a 40 year old Moen. Look under the spout at the bottom front on earlier single lever faucets for the model number. You may have to wipe off some scum to read the model number on the non shiney plate under the faucet. Mine is an older M 4600. I can tell you the 3919 aerator will not fit my faucet although Moen claims it will. Prior to 1992 or so the GPM was higher then the 2.2 gpm's from what I am learning. I still have not found the right aerator. Good luck on the right cartridge. A plumbing supply business may be able to help. Worse case is you take the faucet off and take it to a plumbing supply place.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: