Allure LVP over worn plywood

Old 07-26-15, 02:56 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Allure LVP over worn plywood

Hi, all-

I'm getting ready to install Allure LVP over a plywood substrate that has been in place for a few years and has some wear.

I have some nail heads that are slightly raised and some of the grain in the plywood has worn away.

Pounding the nails in is easy enough, but I'm concerned about the worn areas in the plywood.

The room is pretty big, has a lot of human & animal traffic, and it would be difficult to restrict access to the room for an extended period of time.

What's my best option for filling the worn areas?

Is there something that could be applied with a trowel and left overnight to dry?

Or is a liquid leveling compound the best bet?

Can you apply liquid leveling compound in small areas, or do you have to level the entire floor in one shot?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Best,

Japatul

Old 07-26-15, 04:05 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Can not see just how bad it is from here without a picture.
Best way would be to go over the whole floor with 1/4 underlayment rated plywood.
Really sure you want to use Allure, there's well over 1000 post on this one type of flooring if you use the search funtion at the top of the page.
I used it once never again.

Old 07-27-15, 07:12 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Vinyl telegraphs every imperfection in the floor below it so you want a smooth surface. As Joe said, this is usually 1/4" underlayment rated plywood. Never used Allure so I'll stay out of that part of the conversation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: