Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Traffic master vinyl flooring suggestion..

Super Moderator

NJ

09-02-17, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)  
Traffic master vinyl flooring suggestion..

Im going to attempt some vinyl flooring in my kitchen. But because I have 250 sq ft and am doing it myself I want to ask here first before I buy..

Im looking at this product here..

TrafficMASTER Allure 12 in. x 36 in. Sedona Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring (24 sq. ft. / case)-260110.0 - The Home Depot

Well just saw this what the spouse wants... lol

TrafficMASTER Allure 12 in. x 36 in. Yukon Tan Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring (24 sq. ft. / case)-212016 - The Home Depot

I will be placing over exsiting floor which is in good shape somewhat just need a refreshing. The exsisting floor is the 12x12 vinyl stick on pieces.

Mike NJ

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".

- Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

MO

09-04-17, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)  
Traffic Master does not have a good history.

Flooring Installer since 1973

Super Moderator

NJ

09-04-17, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)  
Well sam if you can state the bad history on what can be expected please advise. That answer does not really tell me anything..

Mike NJ

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".

- Albert Einstein

Forum Topic Moderator

VA

09-05-17, 06:16 AM   #4 (permalink)  
Not sure on Allure, but other glue together LVT gave this type of flooring a bad name as they had a batch where the glue failed resulting in a lot of negative reviews. I never had an issue on the floors I installed. Konecto was the brand I've installed.

Keep in mind that these types of floors with a tile pattern will create more waste as you have to match grout lines during the install. Other random patterns or wood patterns have less waste as what you cut off one end, can be used as the starter piece on the next row.

Forum Topic Moderator

VA

09-05-17, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)  
Of further note, Big Orange Box Store has been selling Allure for quite a long time so I assume they are having success with the brand. It is a little on the thin side compared to the ones I have installed. It is residential quality. I almost always steered my customers to the commercial quality which was much thicker and carried a longer warranty.

Super Moderator

NJ

09-05-17, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)  
Cizzi it comes with a 25-year residential warranty.. Thats a long time...

Mike NJ

- Albert Einstein

Search this Thread