Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Wall and Flooring Indoor Tiling
Reload this Page >

White Quarry Splitface 12 in. x 12 in. x 10 mm Marble Mesh-Mounted Mosaic Tile

Old 08-27-15, 12:07 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

We bought the Tile above in the Title from H.D. The plans are to resurface the surrounding on our Fireplace. Right now there is slabs of marble that look terrible so we will remove and replace with tile. I believe that I just have to cut the mess to size and fit together. Where I have trouble understanding is the Grout portion. The Tile is very rough and I guess I dont understand if I even need to grout. I attached a photo of the tile for reference. Thanks.Name:  Tile.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  23.6 KB

Old 08-27-15, 01:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You don't grout this stuff, believe it or not. Here is what it will look like installed. I would NEVER install it in MY kitchen. It will attract all the dust, grease and liquid like a magnet. Cleaning it may be a booger, too.

Name:  Guthrie backsplash 2.jpg
Views: 2495
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  Guthrie backsplash 4a.jpg
Views: 2505
Size:  18.1 KB

Old 08-27-15, 04:26 PM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ok good to know. So just an adhesive behind it and peice it together as close as i can. And this will not go in kitchen. Also was about a a sealer? Needed or no because of location?

Old 08-27-15, 06:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
All the sheets will interlock very tightly as you install them. You can pull individual pieces from the sheet if you need to cut them for fitting around obstacles if you have any. Make sure your adhesive is not petroleum based, or the oils will bleed through.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: