New Kinetico costs for 2016

Old 05-02-16, 06:34 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Kinetico costs for 2016

Hi all,

Getting a softener in Texas and had a Kinetico "territory manager" by this morning. I didn't need to see the fancy tests: I had softened water in Maryland and need that back, so a no-brainer.

After looking through the forums a bit I have not seen any recent quoted costs posted so I wordered if anyone has an idea about this:

Quote was $5095 for the 4040s OD and $1495 for the K5 ... these are quite a bit higher than anything I've found via search, but I only found things from 5-6 years ago so maybe inflation?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kevin

Old 05-02-16, 08:48 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Where in Tx and are you the DIY type?
Had a friend juse west of Dallas do it on his own for the most part , that was back in 2006 and that system is still going great.
Think total then was 1350.00 not bad.

Old 05-02-16, 09:00 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Temple - I am DIY for a lot of stuff, but I also don't mind paying for the labor/convenience of an all-inclusive deal since we just added our third baby and I am not going to be digging trenches or stuff like that.

Chlorine is horrible here, enough that the city sent out a letter recently about whatever by-product is created from too much chlorine being over the EPA limit, as well as hardness and the other typical "I want a softener" things.

Old 05-02-16, 11:13 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
A carbon unit and a softener, carbon of course for the chlorine, 1 cubic foot per 6gpm flow rate for your house and then then softener if your looking for one.
Depending on the hardness of the city water at the peak ... and then the number of people in your house and the number bath and bedrooms.. most of the time a 1.5 cubic foot or 48k max would fit most of the jobs out there.
Fleck and Clack both have very good valves and then some might say Autotrol.
Then of course there is the brand names out there for the $$$.
Friend lives in Aledo..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: