Iron zapper system

Old 08-18-17, 12:23 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Iron zapper system

Has anyone used this system to remove iron, manganese and or sulphate? I know this particular filter uses air to oxidize and then filter but was wondering what comparable systems there are out there. My closest dealer quoted $2600 installed and said it's the best out but of course I'm skeptical of all salesmen.

Any first hand knowledge of thiis system would be appreciated

Old 08-19-17, 05:27 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I installed one years ago but was not impressed because of another system that we had trouble with. The separate pump unit is what I don't like. I sell a system that uses a venturi to draw in a column of air. They work great. Call around and ask for an air system that does not have a pump.

Old 08-19-17, 11:23 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Sounds like another vodoo water treatment system.

I have a chlorine injection system, same as what they are referring to as replacing, and it works. Built it myself after paying a gut $4K to install at a prior house, my dumb mistake.

Its simple, chlorine solution tank gets injected into the water, a holding tank and then a carbon filter to remove excess chlorine.

Old 08-19-17, 04:40 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Depending on the amount of iron in the water and the amount of chlorine injected as the mess that could be had after.

Two things that need to be answered.
Flow rate from the well, not pressure and there are lots of water but the flow rate in gpm from the well.
Flow rate needed in the house .
The iron level in the water?
There is an AIO system that works to remove the iron from the water but flow rates are needed along with iron level

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: