How to fix a Turbotorch?

Old 08-25-16, 07:00 AM
Z
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
How to fix a Turbotorch?

Hi,

I have a couple of Turbotorches and one of them have problems.

After lit up, the flame does not have a shape of pencil but it's short and big. Please see the attached phone.

I cleaned the nozzle and orifice with carburetor cleaner but no working. Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-16, 09:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
I have a TurboTorch too. I use it for everything. I know that sometimes mine will light like that and then I would shut it off, relight it and it would be fine.

The usual cause of a flame problem was the air inlet was partially clogged. I've never had an orifice plugged or partially plugged as I keep all the tips in a tool box.

I had kept all my pressure washing wands out in the shed. The spiders would crawl into the wands and build nests. When I used the wands the nests would plug the orifices. I'd clean the orifice out and soon as the pressure was restored the nest went right back over the orifice. It's very difficult to blow from the orifice back into the wand.

Same thing for the torch tips.

Old 08-26-16, 01:51 PM
Z
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Thanks PJmax.

I'm not lucky enough by turning on and off the torch to cure the issue. As I blocked the big holes at the end of the tip, the flame became roughly normal. Does that mean it's too much air so the flame goes like the pic below? I'm going to take compressed air to clean the tip and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Old 08-26-16, 04:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
The air is measured thru the open holes. Therefore the problem can't be too much air.
It can be not enough acetylene for the amount of air provided.

That makes it a regulator problem of the orifice is still partially clogged.

Here's a helpful item from Victor. It is a direct link to a safe PDF file...
Victor technologies Uploads/DocLib/TurboTorch/Wholesaler/Warranty/Procedure

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: