How to clean acrylic sealed concrete?

Old 04-19-17, 01:51 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to clean acrylic sealed concrete?

I acid stained and used 2 coats of an acrylic solvent sealer on my concrete patio. Looked very good until it rained and my dog got mud prints all over the patio. I thought since it was sealed I would just be able to hose off the dirt. It looks real good when I get it wet, but when it dries the mud prints are still there. I ended up using some soap and a mild scrub brush and it got the prints off but it left some soap residue behind, and it also took a while. It is more of a pain then just having unsealed concrete. I thought sealing would make it easier to clean. Are there any easier ways to clean sealed concrete?

Thank you,

Old 04-19-17, 02:09 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Yep, you turned a maintenance free product into one now requiring maintenance.

Old 04-19-17, 02:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
You'll have to train the dog to wipe his muddy feet

It shouldn't be a big deal to scrub with detergent and rinse off. Part of the price you pay for stained/sealed concrete. On the bright side you shouldn't get any deep stains like you would with unsealed concrete.

Old 04-20-17, 11:42 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sealed concrete is non-porous, it resists most stains and is, therefore, exceptionally easy to clean and maintain. Sweep your concrete floor well. If you have a high-powered vacuum cleaner that will suck up the dirt, you can even use that instead.Use a dust mop after sweeping. This will remove small particles the broom (or vacuum) might have missed.

Mix warm water and a few drops of a mild detergent (dish detergent or a mild laundry detergent) in your mop bucket. Mop the floor with this solution. You can use any kind of mop you choose--standard or sponge. If concrete has greasy food stains, pour a little extra detergent (preferably dish detergent, in this case) on the stains and scrub it with the mop. You can use a soft-bristled brush or scrub pad to loosen stuck-on grime from the floor, if necessary.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: