a/c won't turn off

Old 11-19-01, 11:54 AM
Visiting Guest
kenmore clotheswasher

Ok I have a Kenmore HD 90 series clotheswasher.When I turn it on it begins filling up with water like normal,but after the first cycle,when it begins filling up again, the water comes out super slow.Anyone have any idea why it would do this?????I tried troubleshooting but I couldnt figure out why the water would come out ok for the initial wash but so slowly for the rinse cycles.Washing one load of clothes now takes like,...2 hours at least.So you can see my dilemma

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-04, 09:48 AM
cjo
Visiting Guest
a/c won't turn off

I just bought a house and I changed the thermostat to a digital. The heat worked fine but when I turned on the A/C it wouldn't shut off. The fan and the outside blower keep running. When I turn the thermostat up I here the click but nothing happens. It keeps running until I turn the kill switch off on the heating unit. what can I check to find the problem.
thanks,
cjo

Old 06-02-04, 11:22 AM
Wink

Id go over the layout you got with the new tstat and see if you are right. To check the tstat take R wire off the tstat and turn power back on. If no AC or fan its in the tstat or the way the its wired.
When you jump wires.

R to W is heat R to G is fan R to Y is outside AC

ED

Old 06-05-04, 06:20 AM
cjo
Visiting Guest
outside a/c won't shut off

I tested each of the wires as you suggested. Each one shut down as soon as i seperated them except the outside A/C, it kept running. Anything else I can check or is it time to call in a professional.
Thanks,
cjo

Old 06-05-04, 08:01 AM
if the outdoor unit goes off when you kill power to the heating unit, it sounds like it is getting a 24 volt signal to come on. there must be a short somewhere sending power to the yellow wire

try disconnecting the wires at the furnace, if it cuts the outdoor off, the problem is in the wire to the tstat. if the control wires going outside were shorted, it would not cause your problem unless it was a heat pump.

if turning off the inside unit had no effect, the contactor outside would probably be stuck closed.

Old 07-20-06, 01:42 PM
A/C wont shut off

Purchased my mom a mobil home,had to have the central air disconnected to move it last fall. Heat worked fine,thermostat worked fine for heat. Had the central air hooked up this summer and only way to make it run is turn it on and off at the furnace. The guy said it was never hooked up to thermostat,which is not so,tryed it when we bought it. Now he cant figure out how to fix it,looking for ideas to give this lisenced repairman to fix it. She is 80 y/o and gets to cold if it runs all night,and dies of heat if she dont turn it on.It will run fine if you turn it on at the furnace,turn blower on,but then it keeps running,isnt going thur thermostat,so cant set it at certain temp

Old 07-20-06, 11:08 PM
Wink

Rodeon1 Dont know if you know electric??

But the furnace works you say from the stat so it has power . Now you need 2 wires going out to the AC. One is the common from the transformer in the furnace and the other wire is from the stat on Y G on the stat is the one that turns the blower on. There should be a wire lay out on the inside of the blower door of the furnace.

ED

Old 03-11-08, 02:26 PM
Unhappy outside a/c unit

Good afternoon, I have a Goodman outside unit and it will not turn off, attic unit cycles correctly with thermostat.

Old 03-15-08, 08:36 PM
Rodeon1, not sure of the unit or the age of it but if your turning it on and off at the furnace it kind of sounds like one of those that was originally designed as a heat-only installation and has had the retro-fit box added to it with a heat/off/cool switch and a fan auto/on switch right on the unit. These often will have only a 2 or 3 wire thermostat hooked up to it (but not always).

If the unit comes on fine in either setting but doesn't respond to the thermostat then you probably have either a thermostat problem, short in the thermostat wires or a relay problem. If the tech is not seeing this pretty quick then you should find yourself another tech since you know the t-stat was hooked up and working.

He may have never run across a 2wire retro setup before though! We all did one a first time sometime!

Michael

Old 03-15-08, 08:39 PM
kipdog69, It sounds like the contactor on the outside unit is stuck/welded shut and will need to be replaced.

You will have to shut the outside unit off at the breaker because if it keeps running while the inside unit isn't it will freeze up the system.

Michael