Newbie needs help pls

Old 07-16-04, 10:01 PM
Brainbeer
Visiting Guest
Question Newbie needs help pls

I am in my first home I have bought and today the ac was blowing air but the outside fan wasnt working. I stumbled on this forum and found a few suggestions. I finally got the outside fan going by resetting the breaker. It started blowing out cool (but not the normal cold) air out but only one room was affected much. So now I have one room liveable in the west texas heat and the rest of the house is a sauna. I went up into the attic and didnt see any duct leaks. Im not experienced in home repair and this is the first time Ive had to diagnose an ac problem. Id like to fix it myself if I could. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-16-04, 10:03 PM
Brainbeer
Visiting Guest
one side note...I did change the filter yesterday and made sure it hadnt clogged anything earlier

Old 07-17-04, 06:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
only one room is cool? very strange. can you take the temp of the air out of a few registers including the one in the cool room?

Old 07-18-04, 02:03 PM
Brainbeer
Visiting Guest
Well I dont know what I did. Everything works fine now....I didnt even do anything really. So I have no idea what ifxed it but Im a lot cooler now

Old 07-18-04, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad we could help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: